Senior B.O.Q & Specification Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gathers, Analyses, conclude projects requirements, design drawings, specifications, etc.to prepare BOQs, Cost Estimates
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses, etc.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, and Sub-contractors
- Can do Value Engineering / Alternatives Costing
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
- wide knowledge and experience working in different construction projects estimating labor cost, time and construction materials from local and international markets (including MEP, Civil, Architectural works)
- Preppare BOQ (Bill of quantities) includes all project items descriptions, preambles, pricing of items
- Preparation of B.O.Q template in the required format (familiar with Uniformat or Master Format)
- Prepare Project specifications in the required format.
- Contract management
- In-dpeth knowledge and experience in M.O.M (method of measurements).
- Prepare the estimated project B.O.Q.
- Recommend acceptance, provide advice, and recommend revisions to specification documents.
- Represent the Specification Unit and participate on committees related to specification document development.
- In-dpeth experience in construction (not oil and gas, not industrial )
- Reviews drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinates compliance with project requirements, institutional guidelines, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Understands the project design requirements and translates those requirements into materials, methods, equipment, procedures, installation, and certification testing necessary to provide the narrative descriptions which are used to in the tender documents / contract documents
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering (A must)
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the same position ( as Quanity survyoir, Estiation Engeerr, Specififer)
- Ability to use Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office (Excel).
- Very good in English (able to write techincal specifications/ and BOQ in English)
- Charted status is highly appreciated
- Able to demonstrate knolwege of international referances and pratices of RCIS ,
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently and accuretly
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work independently as well as part of an effective team.
- High preference to canddiates from overseas (however, Nationals are welcomed if they meet or exceed the above requirements)
- The candidate should accept to take a techincal test during the interview process
Please, send us your CV to email@example.com referring on which position you are applying.